megan megan megan megan megan megan megan megan megan



Thursday, June 18

psychedelics, dissociatives + deliriants

My fascination with the hallucinogenic drug, LSD, has amplified tenfold since tuning into the decade by decade drug documentary, Drug Years. Not gonna lie, it's honestly one of the most well produced and informative (not to mention enthralling) documentaries I have ever seen.  Not once have I considered trying it; however, being offered acid while Tobacco was soon to play a set last weekend was tempting. Nonetheless, this girl (being myself, obviously) has a decent head on her shoulders but cannot seem to stop watching these classic anti-psychedelic-esque documentaries, processed by the almighty BBC network during the peak of lsd's popularity. Clearly, the objective of these trippy narratives is not only to inform, but to terrorize the pants off of children and to instill in them that drug abuse is for L-O-S-E-R-S. Unsurprisingly, they have had the opposite effect on me and now I spend my days wishing I was conceived in the late 40's so I could experience what it was like to F up your head when it was still socially acceptable. While I mope on this thought, watch this. It will change your life, maybe. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I so wanna trip out on LSD an watch porcelain sheep play classical music! An I to share the obsession with wanting to be born in the 40's but for a different reason. Im obsessed with 50's gangsters.....I wish I could have been one haha

    ReplyDelete